A Conference on Suicide: Equity and Equality in Suicide Prevention
Thursday, January 21, 2021 - Saturday, January 23, 2021
08:00 AM - 04:30 PM
This is a VIRTUAL event hosted on the HOPIN online venue platform
The Conference will feature live general and breakout sessions that can be accessed on your desktop computer, laptop or tablet
EARLY BIRD REGISTRATION PRICING ENDS DECEMBER 31, 2020
January 21-23, 2021
A VIRTUAL CONFERENCE ON SUICIDE: EQUITY AND EQUALITY IN SUICIDE PREVENTION AND SCHOOL SUMMIT
Kevin’s Song is proud to welcome Detroit Public Televison WTVS as the producer of the 2021 Kevin's Song VIRTUAL Conference on Suicide and School Summit.
- Educators, Parents & Students
- Mental Health and Medical Professionals
- Crisis Center Workers
- First Responders
- Employers and Human Resources Professionals
- Veterans and Veteran Support Groups
- Loss Survivors
- Attempt Survivors
- General Public
The 2021 virtual Kevin's Song Conference on Suicide: Equity and Equality in Suicide Prevention, presented by THE DOLORES AND PAUL LAVINS FOUNDATION, will tackle suicide prevention through a social justice lens, addressing and challenging existing bias and belief systems. The journey from trauma to resilience demands that we address systemic issues to pave the way forward, from risk factors to access to quality care.
Researchers, clinicians and suicide prevention advocates will share information about suicide, suicidal persons and the repercussions of suicide at both the personal and community level. Equity and Equality in Suicide Prevention will emphasize suicide prevention for all demographics, with a special focus on high risk and underserved communities, and fairness to all regardless of one’s race, ethnicity, gender, ability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, or geographical location.
The School Summit, presented by the CHILDREN'S FOUNDATION, will also present best practices in suicide education, prevention and postvention in the classroom, school and district - and will also address the impact of social justice on the mental health of school-aged children and suicide prevention.
On Saturday, the Conference focuses on survivors of suicide loss and attempt survivors, support group facilitators, mental health professionals, and others interested in sharing and understanding the lived experience of surviving a suicide attempt/suicidal thoughts, and/or the loss and grief following the suicide of a loved one.
Join us to learn how you can promote suicide prevention while honoring diversity in your family, your workplace, and your community.
- WHEN YOU REGISTER, YOU WILL RECEIVE A CONFIRMING EMAIL AND THEN AFTERWARDS, YOU WILL RECEIVE AN EMAIL FROM NO-REPLY@HOPIN PROVIDING YOU WITH A LINK TO THE CONFERENCE VIRTUAL PLATFORM, HOPIN. YOU WILL BE ASKED TO CREATE A PROFILE IN THE HOPIN PLATFORM IN ORDER TO PERMIT YOU ACCESS TO THE CONFERENCE SESSIONS THAT WERE PURCHASED.
- Major credit cards accepted for payment. PLEASE NOTE: Registration service processing and credit card transaction fees will be added to your order before checkout. In the event of a cancellation, these fees are non-refundable. See Cancellation Policy below for details.
- EARLY BIRD RATES AVAILABLE IF YOU REGISTER PRIOR TO JANUARY 1, 2021
- If your employer requires a purchase order and payment by check, please contact Ellen Adelman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Conference ALL ACCESS Registration Ticket AA
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, January 21-23, 2021
ALL ACCESS Registration Ticket includes access to all virtual live sessions for the Thursday and Friday Conference Program, the Thursday School Summit Program and the Saturday Survivor Program.
- If you wish to attend the Conference on Suicide, you should select Ticket AA - All Access Conference.
2. School Summit
Registration Ticket SS
Thursday, January 21, 2021
The School Summit runs concurrently with the Conference on Suicide: Equity and Equality in Suicide Prevention. The Plenary Sessions will be presented jointly to attendees of both the School Summit and the Conference on Suicide. Breakout Sessions for the School Summit and the Conference on Suicide are also available to all attendees. Group rates are available for the School Summit only.
- If you wish to attend the Thursday School Summit ONLY, you should select Ticket SS - School Summit.
3. Survivor Program
Registration Ticket SP
Saturday, January 23, 2021
The Survivor Program is Saturday morning and includes plenary speakers and a presentation by Kevin’s Song of its 2021 Save A Life Award. At noon, there will be a 90 minute live streamed presentation.
- If you wish to attend the Saturday Survivor Program, you should select Ticket SP - Survivor Program.
- Student tickets are available for each of the registration tickets described above.
- SCHOLARSHIPS available. Please contact SUSAN FRANCIS at email@example.com
- Questions? PLEASE CONTACT Leo@kevinssong.org
The MEMORIAL FOREST was created for the Kevin’s Song Fourth Annual Conference on Suicide to help us remember and honor some of the people who have died by suicide and to offer solace to those who were left behind. This Memorial Forest, which will be a virtual respite during the 2021 Conference of Suicide and School Summit, is made possible through the many generous donations to Kevin’s Song in memory of Adam Elbadawi.
All attendees, as part of registration, are invited to submit a name in memory of a loved one lost to suicide or to honor a survivor, and have the name inscribed on a Kevin’s Song bird which will decorate the trees. Attendees of the Conference will be able to visit the Memorial Forest and submit additional names for display in the Memorial Forest at any time during the three day conference. In this way, we remember that we are all connected in loss and fortified with hope.
CONTINUING EDUCATION credits will be available.
SOCIAL WORKERS and PSYCHOLOGISTS continuing education credits approval by NASW-MI Social Work Continuing Collaborative - PENDING
EDUCATORS State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for Educators approved by an application through the Macomb County Intermediate School District. Michigan Educator Certification System Approval - PENDING
LICENSED COUNSELORS Continuing education credits approval by the National Board for Certified Counselors - PENDING
What is T.A.S.K.S?
As a community of health care professionals and educators, we all have T.A.S.K.S. to do in order to help save lives and prevent suicide whenever possible.
While the field of suicidology is not an exact science, and it is difficult to predict who will end their lives, we are amassing more and more scientific, evidence-based information that can help put a stop to such tragic losses in our communities.
What is T.A.S.K.S. you ask?
Training and Awareness on Suicide from Kevin’s Song
This Recognition Certificate is something extra we are providing to qualifying attendees at our annual Kevin’s Song Conference on Suicide. The Conference on Suicide and School Summit offer a comprehensive program of educational sessions that focus on suicide.
To become qualified for T.A.S.K.S. recognition, you must be a licensed health care professional or educator. You will be required to attend every PLENARY SESSION during the 3-day Conference and attend at least 5 Breakout sessions. T.A.S.K.S. recognition is only available to attendees who register for the 3-day ALL ACCESS ticket. You can include the Plenary and Breakout sessions from both the School Summit and the Conference on Suicide in order to earn your T.A.S.K.S. recognition.
Not only will you earn CEUs, you will go home with a Certificate for your office, certifying to your colleagues and to the community that you have attended this comprehensive 3-day conference with its focus on suicide – awareness, research, prevention and treatment.
If a registrant is unable to attend an event for any reason they may substitute, by arrangement with the Conference Coordinator, a colleague or someone else from the same organization. Where the registrant is unable to attend, and is not in a position to transfer his/her place to another person, then the following refund arrangements apply:
- Registrations cancelled prior to December 21, 2020 will be refunded 50% of the registration ticket price but shall not include any registration service processing and credit card transaction fees.
- Registrations cancelled on or after December 21, 2020 will not be eligible for a refund.
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details