Kevin's Song 4th Annual Conference on Suicide: Advocacy in Action
Thursday, January 23, 2020 - Saturday, January 25, 2020
08:00 AM - 02:00 PM
The Inn at St. John's
44045 Five Mile Road, Plymouth, MI 48170, USA
CONFERENCE ON SUICIDE: REGISTRATION OPTIONS
Kevin’s Song will host its fourth annual conference on suicide, at the Inn at St. Johns in Plymouth, Michigan. The conference, titled: A Conference on Suicide: Advocacy in ACTION, will tackle this difficult issue from a variety of angles, discussing suicide as a complex and undiscriminating phenomenon that must be addressed by a unified and collaborative coalition of community resources. Communities can play a critical role in suicide prevention. Facilitating community engagement in suicide prevention is an important task and overall goal of the 2020 Kevin’s Song Conference on Suicide.
ADVOCACY IN ACTION CONFERENCE - Kevin’s Song has designed the Thursday, Friday and Saturday Advocacy in Action conference to challenge communities to work together to advocate for better education and support for suicide prevention. Researchers, clinicians and suicide prevention advocates will share information about suicide, suicidal persons and the repercussions of suicide at both the personal and community level.
On Saturday, the Conference focuses on survivors of suicide loss and attempt survivors, support group facilitators, mental health professionals, and others interested in sharing and understanding the lived experience of surviving a suicide attempt/suicidal thoughts, and/or the loss and grief following the suicide of a loved one.
THE SCHOOL SUMMIT - On Thursday, as part of the Kevin’s Song Conference on Suicide, Kevin’s Song will host The School Summit that will bring together public, independent, parochial and charter schools to share best practices in suicide awareness and prevention, and learn about creative, innovative programs that are bringing mental health and suicide awareness to students, teachers and parents throughout Michigan. While School is a challenging environment for suicide prevention, prevention education must be done. School personnel are urged to send people to the summit to learn how, given all the pressures in education, to educate staff and students on the importance of positive mental health and Suicide prevention.
ALL TICKETS INCLUDE:
- All day beverages, continental breakfast and lunch.
- Complimentary Thursday evening VIP Reception
- Kevin's Song Film Festival - Thursday and Friday evenings
There will also be a dinner provided Friday evening for attendees who wish to stay for the Film Festival.
There are a number of registration ticket options available for the Advocacy in Action Conference and the School Summit.
REGISTRATION TICKETS OPTIONS SHOWN WITH EARLY BIRD PRICING. TICKET PRICES INCREASE AFTER NOVEMBER 30, 2019.
IF YOU NEED TO PAY BY CHECK - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER WITH A PAYMENT BY CHECK OPTION.
Advocacy in Action Conference Registration Ticket Options
Thursday, Friday and Saturday, January 23-25, 2020
Registration Ticket Options include a 3 Day ticket which would include the Thursday and Friday program and the Saturday Survivor Program, a 2 Day Ticket for Thursday and Friday only and single day tickets.
- The 3 Day and 2 Day Ticket options (Tickets A and B) are for the Advocacy in Action Conference program ONLY and do not include the Thursday School Summit program.
- Tickets C and D are single day admission for the Advocacy in Action Conference on Thursday or Friday ONLY.
- Ticket E is for the Saturday Survivor Program ONLY.
- Ticket FS is a 2 Day Ticket for Friday Advocacy in Action Conference and Saturday Survivor Programthat can be selected in addition to the 1 Day Thursday School Summit Ticket SS or as a separate, stand-alone purchase.
School Summit Registration Ticket Options
Thursday, January 23, 2020
The School Summit runs concurrently with the Advocacy in Action Thursday Conference. Some of the Plenary Sessions will be presented jointly to attendees of both the School Summit and the Advocacy in Action Conference.
- If you wish to attend the Thursday School Summit ONLY, you should select Ticket SS - 1 Day Thursday School Summit.
- If you wish to return on Friday or Saturday, you can add the 1 Day Friday Advocacy in Action Conference Ticket D or the 1 Day Saturday Survivor Program Ticket E by selecting those tickets in addition to the Thursday School Summit ticket.
- If you wish to attend the School Summit and both the Friday Advocacy in Action Conference and the Saturday Survivor Program, you may select Ticket FS in addition to the Thursday School Summit Ticket SS.
For Information and rates, PLEASE CONTACT Leo@kevinssong.org
Certified Training Sessions
This year, Kevin’s Song will be offering certified training sessions for Safe Talk and QPR on Thursday afternoon from 3:15 to 5:15 p.m., after the end of the School Summit. If you select one of these training opportunities, the minimal charge will be in addition to the cost of your Registration ticket.
Ticket STC SAFE TALK CERTIFICATION (limited to 30 trainees)
Ticket QPR QPR CERTIFICATION (limited to 30 trainees)
CONTINUING EDUCATION credits will be available.
SOCIAL WORKERS continuing education credits approval by NASW-MI Social Work Continuing Collaborative - PENDING
HUMAN RESOURCE PROFESSIONALS continuing education credits approval by the HR Certification Institute - PENDING
PSYCHOLOGISTS - Henry Ford Hospital is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Henry Ford Health System maintains responsibility for this program and its content. This educational activity approval - PENDING
EDUCATORS State Continuing Education Clock Hours (SCECHs) for Educators approved by an application through the Macomb County Intermediate School District. Michigan Educator Certification System Approval - PENDING
LICENSED COUNSELORS Continuing education credits approval by the National Board for Certified Counselors - PENDING
MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS continuing Medical Education credits – PENDING
Select a ticket and proceed to registration details